Summer

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Days After Finals...

School has ended. I've moved back to Blackfoot. You'd think things would have slowed down, right?

Wrong.

I moved home on Friday and upon arriving home, I was greeted by my sister-in-law and her kids. I was informed that when they arrived the day before, sweet little Brinley walked into my room and said "Where Kandace? Where Kandace?" I love that girl so much!

Saturday was recoup day where I slept a lot and played with the kids. On Sunday, I went to church and then headed out to Grandpa Hansen's to stay with him for the next few days.

Life was pretty slow at Grandpa's. I read half of my assignment for my D&C class and 100 pages of The Great Bridge by David McCullough. I had very limited Internet access. I could only get it in the bedroom I stayed in, miraculously enough. I fixed Grandpa his meals, and as we sat down to each meal, he said to me "Wow, you are definitely marriage material. When you go to BYU, I give you 1 year. The returned missionaries are vultures there. They'll snatch you right up!"

Seriously. Every meal.

After our evening meal, we would watch a movie together. The first night was Vegas Vacation. Can I just say how much I love Chevy Chase? He's so excellent! I loved watching that movie. The second night was The Aviator. I'd never seen that movie before and I chose it because I have an...obsession for Leonardo DiCaprio? That's not the right word. Crush doesn't fit either. Perhaps admiration. It's not the best word, but it's the closest to describing how I feel about good ol' Leo. Anyways, the movie was pretty good, it was really depressing, and I had to watch episodes of Boy Meets World afterwards to make myself feel more upbeat...and ready for bed.

Wednesday was Grandpa's birthday, so I took him to our house to have his birthday dinner. However, before we went, I discovered that I needed to take one more class for my trip. I one-day shipped the textbook to my house in desperate need.

Thursday I received the book and discovered I had 275 pages and 2 intensive study guides due...SUNDAY! AHHHH!!!

And that pretty much consumed my life Friday and Saturday. Homework. Lame!

And then, oddly enough, I was asked on a date for Saturday night. I went. But it was weird. I feel like I've gotten more attention from men this past month than I have the past year! It's kind of wigging me out. Especially since I'm "graduated."

I forgot to mention Joni and the kids were here that WHOLE week. Lance came over on Tuesday. We had fun times together in the evening after the kids went to bed. Lance says slightly inappropriate but incredibly funny things. The man who gets me is gonna be one lucky fella when he marries into my family! ;)

I did not get my homework done Saturday, which made me really sad because I don't like doing homework on Sundays. But I had to. For the first time in...a really long time! Ok. I'm done complaining now.

Sunday, Tyler and Carrie came for Avery's baby blessing. It was good. After we ate, Lance, Joni, & the kids left. Then Mom, Dad, Tyler, Carrie, & I all headed out to look at the Rockford house (where I lived up until I was 11). Holy Hannah it was the most disgusting house I've ever seen! I can't even describe it. It was bad. Really bad. It really needs to be torched. That would clean up the air and the neighborhood.

Well, Ty & Carrie left and so...FINALLY, after 10 days, the house was just The Three Amigos. I thought I could finally get some rest.

But did I?

No. Monday I eventually got around to unpacking. It took me FOR-EV-ER! I forgot how much stuff I had. Then I mowed the lawn.

Tuesday I slept. A lot. And laid around. A lot. Then I met Spooner and Dan in I.F. and we ate at Big Juds. It was really exciting.

Today I went shopping for my trip. I have a love/hate shopping relationship with my mother. I hate shopping. I hate that she throws a million things at me to try on. I'm the type of person where I'm in, I'm out, I'm done, let's go home. She's the complete opposite. But I do love that she buys me stuff--even when I insist I don't need it or it's too expensive. She thinks just because my shirts and jeans have holes in them, I'm in poverty or something. I, quite frankly, don't care all the much. If it looks cute, wear it. But no! We must get new shoes to match that new skirt.

So tomorrow is Thursday (thank you, Rebecca Black) and I have a lot of homework to do before I leave for Rexburg bright and early Monday morning. I can't believe I leave for the East in one week. One week! Ahhh, I'm so excited.

This is the end of this blog. Seriously. And I'm sorry you got this far in reading it. I know it's really boring. I'll have a more exciting blog next time. In a few days. I'll do a tribute to BYUI and my fabulous time there.

Until then, peace out and keep it real!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your trip! Have so much fun and I can't wait to see some pictures when you get back!

    ReplyDelete